Hey! Here’s a roundup of content I found interesting on the interwebz this past week.
1. Have you ever heard of the Bechdel test? Rates where movies fall on a scale of being horrible for women to less horrible. Excellent explanation about the results of this year’s Oscar nominees.
I’d never heard of this before! But I love her analysis. Check out Feminist Frequency for more. Now I will definitely be paying attention to whether the movies I watch past the test.
2. Who’s staring at whom in the gym by the always astute Oatmeal. Hilarious and true.
3. In case you haven’t yet heard this, here’s the isolated vocal track on Whitney Houston’s “How Will I Know”. If you ever doubted she was talented.
4. So there’s a lot of hullabaloo surrounding Zooey Deschanel. She’s quirky. But she’s not the first. Huffpo generates a Timeline of Quirky Girls. Anna Karina, to the left, features on the list.
5. Adorable and funny pictures of poochies under water.
6. You know those party girls we all love to hate? With their drink in hand, mascara smudged? Yes, those. What happens to them when they get old? Love this discussion of women’s choices.
7. Please Rob Me: Do you check into places on Facebook or Foursquare? It could leave you a target for robberies, if people know you’re out of the house. Enter in your username on this site to see how much of a target you are.
8. Chris Brown: way worse than you think. Come on, Grammys, you should know better.